What is Fractal Task Management
💡 Fractal task management is a super simple method of managing work of any complexity.
It uses a kanban-type approach to visualise the work at multiple levels and grows as the work grows.
- It's flexible enough for any number of projects with any number of people.
- Each task is independent of every other task, encouraging you to focus on one thing at a time.
- It grows organically with the work, meaning you don't need lots of upfront planning, you can add tasks as they arise.
- It allows for information about the work to be added to the card or for the card to be used only to track work taking place elsewhere.
How to use Fractal Task Management
Getting your Fractal Task Management set up is easy:
- Duplicate this Notion workspace (If you don't have a Notion account, setting one up is easy).
- Duplicate card 1 and rename it with the name of a project you're working on. This is the highest level in the system so make it the biggest thing you're working on. If you haven't started this project yet leave the card in 'To do' and if you are already working on it, move the card to 'Doing'. Duplicate card 1 for as many highest level projects you have.
- Open your level 1 project card and duplicate card 1.1. Rename it to describe some work you need to do and set it's status. Do this as many times as you have tasks.
- Then open the level 1.1 card and duplicate card 1.1.1. Rename it to describe some work you need to do and set it's status. Do this as many times as you have tasks.
- If you're working as part of a team cards can be assigned to different people.
- Once you're set up you can delete all this text.
Tips for using Fractal Task Management effectively: